We provide locksmith services in Kent and the surrounding areas.
If you find yourself with a lock problem and you live or work in the Kent area, then our locksmith is local to you and can help.
Our locksmiths are fully trained and can open your door if you are locked out or change the locks if you have lost your keys
Do we accept cards? Yes, for your convenience, we accept cash and debit/credit card payments.
Residential and Commercial Locksmiths
We provide locksmith services for both the residential and commercial sector, so if you lock issue is in your home or business, we have you covered.
In the commercial sector, we currently work with, landlords, small businesses, such as, dental surgeries, shops, offices, care home companies, etc.
We have a local team of locksmiths operating in Kent ready to take your call.
Our locksmith HQ is based in Sidcup and our locksmiths covers Northern Kent areas such as Dartford, Erith and go as far south as Severnoaks. Our team of dedicated locksmiths and technicians operate 24 hours 365 days a year so whenever you are having trouble with your locks just give us a call and rest assure we will be able to help.
Another service provided by our locksmith is security lighting. Good outdoor lighting is a must and can be a very beneficial security addition to the home or business especially in the winter months. We suggest motion sensor lighting which is a light activated by movement as the name suggest. Our expert locksmiths – suggest this over lights which turn on when the sun sets, as this can be of annoyance to your neighbours. Give us a call and we can help you decide on the various colours, features and models available on the market. Give our experts a call they can decide on the best model and most importantly the placement of the light itself.
Good outdoor lighting is also essential in suburban areas as this reduces the areas intruders can hide and enable both yourself and passers-by to spot any suspicious behaviour. Another security addition our locksmiths can install are peep holes, letter cages as well as London and Birmingham bars which are basically metal bars which fit around door frames, these along with a strong lock can make your door force proof, which means any burglar attempting to kick down your door will fail.
So no matter if your locked out, in need of a lock change, lock replacement or want us to take a look at your properties security for insurance purposes or to simple upgrade it we can help. Just give ud your local locksmith service a call.
Services we deliver
- Door unlocking
- Lock installation
- Security upgrade
- 24/7 lock change
- Security assessment and recommendations
- Burglar repair service – boarding windows
- Installing security lights both internal and external
Kent Locksmith Suggestions
- Security lighting both internal and externally can be very effective deterrents. We recommend installing external lights around your property in areas where it is easy for burglars to hide such as in alley ways next to your home or at in the back garden. We highly recommend purchasing lights which are triggered by motion and not by lack of light, as these lights can annoy your neighbours.
- Our locksmith also recommends installing 3 star British standard locks to replace any euro cylinder you may have. The majority of euro cylinders can be picked, snapped or drilled. Lock snapping is very easy and simple and can be achieved in as little as under 30 seconds with just a screw driver. further more locks can be picked in under a minute with the right tools. Additionally locks can be drilled extremely quickly. While 3 star British standard locks have been designed with anti pick anti snap and anti drill features.
- You may want to consider marking your property with you house number and address, this can be achieved in a number of ways. depending on the material you are trying to mark will depnd on the method. for metal you could either etch or use chemical kits to mark your property. Other materials you may be able to use ultra violet pens which are only viasble with a UV light.
- One of the main targets for burglars is the garage and shed as these are usually easier to gain access to and usually have quite expensive items stored within, such as power tools, bikes, gardening tools etc etcc. Ensure the windows are covered so no one can see inside. Secondly you need to have a strong padlock fitted to the shed door you may also want to consider purchasing one with a built in alarm which will activate when someone tries to fiddle with it.
What burglars Love
Burglars are always on the lookout for easy targets, and learning the common mistakes homeowners make can ensure you keep yourself and your property protected from unwanted visitors.
According to research from Crimewatch, these are some of the things burglars love.
- Ground floor windows and patio doors – Patio doors and ground floor windows are some of the easiest ways to enter a property. Patio doors can be lifted so ensure they have a secure locking system, also ensure your windows are locked when leaving your property.
- Spare Keys – Burglars love spare keys. Thousands of homes are burgled by burglars who find spare keys which the owners believed were hidden. Apparently 1/3 of Brits admit to leaving a spare key somewhere around their property. Veteran burglars know where people tend to hide keys, the best option is to give your key to a trusted neighbour encase of an emergency.
- Small expensive items – Burglars look for small valuable items which they can easily pick up, use or sell, such as cash, electrical gadgets such as laptops, tablets etc etc. To protect such items we suggest buying a home safe which can be bolted to the wall or floor.
- Tools – Power tools and garden tools are favourites for most thief’s due to their ability to sell on quickly.
- Vulnerable people – The elderly, students and people moving properties are attractive prospects for criminals as their homes tend to be easier to get into and usually with highly valuable items.
- Firearms -Now not many homes have firearms but burglars are always on the lookout for unsecured firearms, as there is a highly profitable black market for such items
A Trusted and Local Locksmith
We are a professional locksmith company and all of our locksmiths are fully trained and DBS checked. If you need a locksmith, no matter the time of day or night, we are available.
Emergency Locksmith Kent
Emergency Locksmith Kent